Which software can convert Cad (Autocad)file to word or pdf?

Platootod

Dear plcs.net friend,
If we draw plc wiring diagram with Autocad and we've got .dwg format .
Does any one know ..Which software can convert Cad (Autocad)file to word,picture(jpg), or pdf?
Thank you very much. :cool:

animal080.gif

AutoCAD (AutoDesk) offers a free program that allows people to view cad drawings.

Autodesk DWF Viewer will only allow you to view dwf files, not Autocad dwg files. DWF format is AutoDesk's version of Adobe's pdf format. To view dwg files, you need DWF Composer or Vovo Viewer, neither of which is free.

This Link compares the different programs.

Yeah, I don't know why Autodesk discontinued their free Whip! viewer... :(

Platootod, you don't necessarily 'convert' drawing files to PDF, you 'print' them from AutoCAD as PDFs. I use Adobe Distiller ($$$), but the PDF995 program mentioned seems to be a popular free PDF printer.

You can make JPGs for free, but they will simply be screen captures (using 'printscreen'). You can also use the BMPOUT command in AutoCAD to create bitmaps (.BMP). This gives you a bit more flexibility as to what entities get exported, but it can be tricky to get exactly what you want. The current zoom affects the outcome.

beerchug

-Eric

I may have misspoke because I thought this program was the same as VoloView Express...which is what I have...which can VIEW dwg files.

The ability to create .dwf files is built into AutoCad2000 and later.
8. How do I view DWG files in Autodesk DWF Viewer?

Autodesk DWF Viewer supports viewing DWG files published to DWF format—a more compact, secure file format for sharing drawings, maps, and models. DWF files, which can be 1/20th the size of DWG files and provide a secure format to protect your intellectual property, retain the intelligent design data of the original. Publishing DWF files is free—the capability is built into Autodesk design applications or available with the free Autodesk DWF Writer. Learn more about publishing DWF files in the DWF Center at http://www.autodesk.com/dwf under “Publishing.”

May not be a practical option, Voloviewer Express may have been, depends I guess.

Last edited:
Older versions of VoloView express used to be free. We still use it. Luckily, we did not delete the install file when we downloaded it years ago. Of course it can only view R14 drawings.

Although AutoDesk has dropped the free version of Volo View Express, it can still be downloaded from several web sites. One place is Allen-Bradley's MCC configuration site.

Go Here to get it.

One other option is to configure a new printer as a "Raster File Export ADI". You'll get a *.bmp file. I've found that the background is black (not good) so when I import into Paint (don't have a fancier editor) I select to "Invert Colors".

This is if you're using an older version of AutoCad (i.e. 14). Above replies show later solutions.

PDF995 is a great solution also.

... rab