Do Not! and I repeat Do Not upgrade...

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Do Not, and I repeat Do Not upgrade to Indusoft version 7.1 sp3 patch 10 unless you want to be ****ed.

I thought it's about causing a unexpected operand in our reality thus ending our existence.

You laugh, but uninstalling and reinstalling caused all of my new work to be tainted.

I have to re image my laptop, and re create all the work I have done since June.

That's rough ganutenator. I hate explaining that "my estimate of 1 day work was wrong because it took me 5 days to install the software properly."

The runtime crash is probably even worse. I hate explaining how the 'cheap' industrial display which cost 3 times as much as a similar sized tablet crashes after three days, whereas your iphone hasn't turned off for 2 months straight.

Well, then Ganutenator, you need to learn the simple rule of industrial software, which has been put out there for YEARS on this forum... ONLY install the software to a dedicated virtual machine.

Any time lost because you personally were stupid enough to just run a setup program on your base operating system is entirely your fault. Nobody elses.

That said, and considering your last remark, I will be adding you to ignore.

Well, then Ganutenator, you need to learn the simple rule of industrial software, which has been put out there for YEARS on this forum... ONLY install the software to a dedicated virtual machine.

Any time lost because you personally were stupid enough to just run a setup program on your base operating system is entirely your fault. Nobody elses.

That said, and considering your last remark, I will be adding you to ignore.

Awful quick judgement there. He's obviously got hosed and is irritated, angry and his choice of words is understandable.

Not everyone has access to virtual machines. Plenty of IT departments control laptops and you're lucky if you can get admin privileges let alone the luxury of virtual machines. Or it's a simple fact that companies don't want to pay for the virtual machine software and additional OS licensing required. So unless you know the entire picture, you can't place the entire blame on the OP.

His biggest mistake is not having a better backup solution for his projects.

Paully,

His situation is understandable. I know, I have had my share of rants and expressed frustration in several forms in this forum. But I personally made all the decisions that got me to that point.

I have always had a choice to accept responsibility for the conclusions my actions and choices have brought me.

He made a choice to lash out at a whole group of people who could have helped him work thru his problems.

I take offense at his comments. I personally consider myself to be an ***, Not a dick. That's like calling me a Liberal.