Factory talk view se- site edition

kripajsw

Folks,
I have to make some changes in one of our hmi program for factory talk view site edition.
I took backup of hmi program .apa file which is running on client edition, and using factory talk view se machine edition and getting error when trying to restore .apa file.
1. Is there different setup to open factory talk view SE-site edition file in to SE-Machine edition?
2. how can I select Local station in my factory talk view se setup because when i open factory talk view studio its going to machjine edition directly?

I will appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Are you sure that your FactoryTalk View Studio installation is licensed for both Site Edition (SE) and Machine Edition (ME) ?

Open the software and try to create a new project. If it gives you SE Networked, SE Standalone, and ME options, then it's licensed for both.

The most common installations and licenses for FactoryTalk View are for ME only, for users creating and maintaining applications for PanelView Plus terminals.

Ken Roach,
Thanks for your reply. As you mentioned i jus created a new progrem but where can i check SE Networked, SE Standalone, and ME options for my program.
As you said I afraid my setup i limited for ME only.

Ken Roach,
Thanks for your reply. As you mentioned i jus created a new progrem but where can i check SE Networked, SE Standalone, and ME options for my program.

I'm actually dealing with a similar issue at the moment, customer has Site Edition and my company only has a license for Machine Edition. Contact your local Rockwell sales rep if you have one and ask about a 30-day license, they should be able to get you one for free.

Ken Roach,

If it doesn't prompt you to select SE/ME when you create a new project, then you don't have a license for SE. Looks like Ken's hunch was correct.