Profibus ---> Ethernet

Prince

Hi

We have 8 PLCs which all have their independant profibus network controlling our site. As it is normall they are connecting with the ethernet network to each other then they could be programmed through one node and exchanging I/o with each other and the HMI.Up to here I think it is normal.the cabling was very easy as all the PLC panels were placed in one room.

But we have a remote PLC in our water treatment plant in 250m away to control the pumps in the remote site.then we have an ET200M remote IO in the main room controling the in site pumps working with the CPU in 250m away with fiber optic cabels. Now the problem starts, for a small change I must go 250m away from the site and We must have independant HMI for our water treatment Plant so the people working in the line can not monitor the water simultanously.May be for the programming I can use a profibus interface for my Laptop but I surely need to connect the remote PLC to the ethernet for HMI reason.

Solutions that I have :
As far as I am concerened I can not place a CP on a remote IO ET200M so I must put the CP in the remote side rack and then draw a 250m cabel to the main network.it means a long cabel parallel to the old cabel which costs a lot and it is somehow funny :)
I can change the place of the master and slave but It means one day work and also I must change the addresses (the line must stop) which costs a lot to my boss..
I wondered if somebody have another solution...