System Platform 2014 Press Release - Just wante to share

Paullys50

Lifetime Supporting Member
As much as I hate InTouch, the comments in the article makes me feel they are moving a good direction with System Platform.

"“Utilizing 15 years of human interface studies, we have delivered a toolkit that transforms the way industrial users design and interface with their HMI,” Krajewski said. “We’ve moved from simply presenting data to displaying information in context. Instead of developing a library of ‘graphics,’ these new capabilities enable application builders to focus on creating content, easily assembling the most effective HMI applications and user interfaces for abnormal situation management."

http://themanufacturingconnection.c...strial-software-conference-product-release/#!
Bold part caught my attention, anyone come across this? Thoughts? This is a weak area in our company's HMI design, creating useful content versus wasting so much real-estate on an automation version of a P&ID. System layouts on an HMI are useful, but not so much when running a process. I struggle with creating content that brings all the necessary key information to the operator in a con-sense clear form.

Sounds like they're trying to catch up to another company who've already put all that into one package. Wonder what their licensing model is like?