Omron CPM1 Clock Function

Clueless

C
I know the CPM1's are a bit outdated, but it is all I have to work with. I am looking for information concerning a clock function which would allow me to turn on and off an output at 2 hour intervals. I can't find anything in the manual so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Clueless

The CPM1 does not have a real time clock, so there will be no synchronization with real time. If all you are after is a 2 hour timer than use the following circuit.

| 1 Minute Clock
|----| |----------------[ CNT]-|
| CNT 000 [ 000] |
|----|/|----------------[#120] |

:p

Thanks for the reply. I just want to confirm that your circuit will be on for two hours and off for two hours. Then on again and so on.... (I am a mechanical engineer who's PLC guru is on vacation. I am a novice at this stuff!)

Thanks again.

Jay, I think the -]/[- was a typo? Should be -] [-, right?

Even with this fix, Jay's counter (pseudo timer) will simply recycle every two hours. Or am I missing something Jay?

Sorry, but I don't have any Windows-based Omron software, else I'd give you an example (I can't cut/paste to here with my DOS stuff)

Maybe Jay will be nice and post another listing now that he knows the 2-hour ON/2-hour OFF requirement?

In the mean time, take a look a the flip-flop thread (if you can weed through our tangents!). You can use Jay's counter to trigger a flip-flop, toggling your output every 2 hours.

-Eric

Jay, I think the -]/[- was a typo? Should be -] [-, right?
Yeah, you're right. I was thinking about a free running timer.
In the mean time, take a look a the flip-flop thread (if you can weed through our tangents!). You can use Jay's counter to trigger a flip-flop, toggling your output every 2 hours.
You could use a flip-flop but using cascaded timing circuits allows for separate on and off times.

I would post screenshots, but I don't know what ladder package he's using from Omron.

Try this circuit for 2 hours on/ 2 hours off. :rolleyes:

| 1 Minute Clock
|----| |----------------[ CNT]-|
| CNT 001 [ 000] |
|----| |----------------[#120] |
|
| 1 Minute Clock
| 25400 CNT000
|----| |-------| |------[ CNT]-|
| CNT 001 [ 001] |
|----| |----------------[#120] |
|
| Timed Output
| CNT000 01000
|----|/|-------------------{ }-|

Thank you both Jay and Eric. I will try out the circuits and if the (pardon the pun) "ladder" doesn't work I'll let you guys know.

Clueless

On second thought Jay, I may need the screen shots. We use SYSWIN 2.1 programming software from Omron. Would this be the info you need to post a screen shot?