Siemens TIA Portal - Distinguish between different Diagnostic Interrupts

Hi,

Is it possible to distinguish what caused a diagnostic interrupt? For example, on a remote IO station I have a rack that has a IM155-5 PN HF (6ES7155-5AA00-0AC0) and a AI Card (6ES7531-7KF00-0AB0) mounted. This AI card will generate a diagnostic interrupt at the following events:

No supply voltage L+
Wire Break
Overflow
Underflow
Common mode error; and
Reference channel error.
These events have all been selected in the hardware configuration for the AI card.

If this AI card generates a diagnostic interrupt is it possible to determine which of the above events caused the diagnostic interrupt? Was it the “No supply voltage L+” or “Wire Break” or “Overflow” etc.?

If it is possible to distinguish what event triggered the diagnostic interrupt is it then possible to extract this information so that I can generate an alarm for each event “No supply voltage L+” or “Wire break” or “Overflow” etc. in the Program Blocks of TIA portal?

I have looked everywhere in Siemens forums, sites and manuals however I cannot find an answer which is leading me to think that you cannot distinguish between the events. So basically if this card generates a diagnostic interrupt you cannot pinpoint the exact event/fault.

This remote rack is connected via profinet back to another rack with CPU (6ES7516-3FN01-0AB0) mounted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Scott

Yes, the interrupt function will generally have details that you can use about which event caused it.

I haven't gotten to this point in TIA, but in Step7 you could then use this information with SFC51 to get more detail.

There is an instruction called something like RALRM that you call in the diagnostic interrupt. It returns a whole ton of data, but one value is the specific kind of error.