Wago 333 I/O stopped communicating after rack fault

aurellie

Hi all!

This is my first post here. I work as ET on drilling rig. PLCs are not my strongest side, actually, I always try to avoid them.

We have a crane that has Wago 750 i/o rack. The rack starts with Wag0 750-333 profibus module and then there is like 30 i/o modules. During simple troubleshooting on one of the sensors, when we touched the i/o rack all lights started flashing, going on and off, due to the issue with i/o rack, this is resolved now, but now 333 is not communicating anymore with the rest of dp network.

When we check the HW config in S7, it says the following:
DP slave nto ready to communicate
Different configuration data
Slave-specific diagnost data
Parameters must be assigned to the DP slave again

on Wago 333 module there is the following:
i/o led is green
BF (bus fault) is flashing red
DIA is red
BUS is flashing red probably telling some code but i can´t find what is this code

Tried to connect with Wago i/o settings software using usb cable and it tells everything is ok with i/o rack, but this software can´t see anything on the 333 module

Replaced the 333 module with spare part, set the address, but still the same.
What could be the issue here?

Thanks all for any help you provide!!

Does the Wago 750-333 has to be same firmware? It appears replacement module has different firmware. Is it possible the origina module died, and replacements do not work due to different firmware?