Flex I/O Analog Input Modules on 1756-DHRIO module faulting

lunenburger

I am doing a PLC5 to Controllogix upgrade (not using conversion software)

I hooked up the 1756-DHRIO card to the existing (and working) Remote I/O and everything came in perfect except the FlexI/O analog cards which are on a 1794-ASB module, and the first half of Rack 5 which is the second half of Chassis 3.

The issue with the first half of rack 5 may be that there are no cards to read?

I read the manual for the 1756-DHRIO and followed the outline for reading the Flex I/O and there is no mention of BTW's but I have seen posts where BTW should be used.

In the old PLC5 program the BTW's and BTR's for the analog modules are in Ladder 3 Rungs 11 through 15.

I recreated them in the Controllogix program "Messaging" Routine Rungs 20 and 21 but the BTR's are going into error for no connection.

The old PLC5 is still in operation, I just unplugged the RIO temporarily during some downtime

If anyone could shed some light on why the analog is not coming in that would be great....

Plus any critiques on the new program (positive or negative) would be appreciated...

Thanks

Did you browse for the correct path?
10hu29t.png

15pqwco.png

The issue was the rack sizing....
In the PLC5 the analog rack was setup as a 1/2 rack.
In the Controllogix the analog rack is setup as a 1/4 rack.
After that the yellow triangle went away.
But the BTR's were still failing...

Turned out the 1794-ASB was bad, replaced it with a new one and the BTR to the first analog module started working.

But the BTR to the second 1794-IE8 was still failing.
I had the BTR to the first 1794-IE8 reading Group 0 Slot 0
I had the BTR to the second 1794-IE8 reading Group 0 Slot 1
( I thought same setup as the 1771-ASB modules, one group consists of multiple slots)

But with the analog modules, each module is its own group...
I changed the BTR to the second 1794-IE8 to read Group 1 Slot 0 and it started working....

The path was correct.... you just have to set the path to the DHRIO module...

Hope this helps someone....

a bit off topic from what you are doing .

i had issues just yesterday with a 1794-asb on a plc5. i bench tested first in my lab so i knew my hardware setting were ok.

the flex I/O adaptor does not seem to always read with I/O config utility in PLC5, 1771-asb's are easy to config. i tried so many times with different combinations (dip switches i left alone as it was working on bench just fine) with power cycles and then it worked? even now i don't know what was the correct way to bing this Flex I/O online ?