Siemens OP7 Protocol Error

jeepslug

Greetings,

I am looking for help with a Siemens OP7. I try to download and get 'Protocol Error 0300' showing up on the OP7 screen. This shows that it is talking, but maybe the wrong language!? I think I have the cable right:
15-pin 9-pin
3 ------- 3
4 ------- 2
5 ------- 7
10 ------- 8

Any ideas would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance, Jeepslug

jeepslug,

Check the protocol setting for your comm ports. Your download computer comm port settings must match what the OP7 is looking for (Baud rate, parity, stop bits, and so on).

Here's the explanation of the error from the OP7 Manual:

Please ignore this - Its 300 isnt it instead of 303 DOH!

303.jpg

Similar Topics

I have converted a Siemens OP7 program to a new Delta DOP107BV. It is all working as expected except for the timer values. I am using MW36 as the...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who had a faulty Siemens OP7. They sourced a replacement. They have the original program. I downloaded the program to the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Hoping we still have some Siemens Old hardware Gurus on here. We are trying to support one of our long time customers. Who have obtained...
Replies
Views
We have a customer with a very old piece of equipment (circa 1999). That has a OP7 Siemens HMI unit. Their current unit has gone down, and are...
Replies
Views
dear friends, kindly guide me how to download software for op7,op77 if possible give the link.
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom