A1N with AJ71c24 multilink Module Errors

dlvernon

Hi,
I am working on Mitsubishi PLC Rack system A1N with 1 AJ71C24 multilink module. 1 Ouput Module, 1 Input Module 1 module with encoders hooked to it and 1 analog Module. Interface is a Mitsubishi MTA 250 Terminal screen tied to the AJ71C24 Multilink Module through the RS422/485.

In the begining I replaced the AJ71C24 with a new module because the PLC was Flashing the Error Light when powered up and all the AJ71C24 light would all light and had Comm Error on the MTA250. I removed the AJ71C24 and the error light would stop and the run light would light on the PLC. Once I replaced the AJ71C24 the A1N Error light quit flashing and after setting the baud rate mode etc. on the new AJ71C24 the normal run lights come on and the rest are off.

The problem is now with the AJ71C24 and the MTA250 I press F2 which is suposed to run the test procedure and the procedure tries to begin tentioners move and then all the lights on the AJ71C24 light up and the output module goes out. Testing stops and Comm Error appears on the MTA250. The manual says this happens when there is an error.

I reset the plc by powering off or pressing the machine reset will clear all the errors but the same happens when I try again.

I tried to download the ladder with Medoc but it fails. I was wondering if anyone had any idea's as where to go next. And does the AJ71C24 module have a program in it that maybe I didn't get in the new module or is it just an interface module. I am used to FX and not A1N any help would be appreciated.

Link to the AJ71C24 module manual: http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/sites/public/DOWNLOADS/-search_results?SType=2&DocType=010&SessionNum=&UserID=&PartNum=aj71C24&Opt1=Yes&submit1=Search