How to find Mac address off a Compact Logix l32

supersollid11

Hi Everybody

I have a question.
I've got a Compact logix L32e processor.
I want to get communication by Ethernet/IP, a coupel off days ago i had communication with the PLC. And i did disable BOOTTP/DHCP

I want to change the IP adress so i enabeld BOOTTP and DHCP.
After a power cycel i want to find the plc's mac adress but i can't find any mac adress.

How can i fint the mac adress back and perform disable BOOTP/DHCP again?

^There you have it! It's on a sticker under the mentioned cover. The battery is held in that cover, so when you take it off, be careful of the connector.

I find it easier to flex the cover enough to get it out of it's slot and pull it straight off rather than slide it off.

If the MAC ID is no longer showing up in the BOOTP/DHCP Utility request list, then:

1. BOOTP/DHCP is not really enabled.
2. There is another BOOTP/DHCP Server on your network that is providing an address to the controller before the RA Utility is started.

Fortunately the CompactLogix 1769-L32E has a serial port through which you can configure the Ethernet port using ordinary RSLinx Classic.

Fortunately the CompactLogix 1769-L32E has a serial port through which you can configure the Ethernet port using ordinary RSLinx Classic.

Its interesting that you should mention that Ken. I was struggling with changing the IP address on an L35E this morning. Due to some network changes brought about by company growth we are changing the IP addresses on all our PLCs. No problems on any of our ControlLogix or SLC5/05 PLCs, but the L35E wouldn't show up in RSLinx after it was changed and it could not be pinged. After messing with it for half an hour I changed it back and moved on, but I'm going to have to change it before the week ends. Does the L35E require cycling power or Run/Prog mode (like a SLC does) or some other trick?

I'm not sure.

It's possible it does require a power cycle because the Ethernet module is so closely coupled to the controller, versus the ControlLogix module that is physically and logically separate.

I don't have any CompactLogix handy to test with.

Thanks Ken
I will try that tommorw with serial but i allso have a powerflex 40 wit a 22com e how can i BOOTP that.

So there i no possiblity to find the mac ID's by Ethernet/IP again?

If you have the AB serial connector you can connect to the RJ45 connector on the drive itself then use Drive Explorer. You can reset parameters on the attached 22-COMM-E