Panelview 7 Communicatios Ethernet IP

josecarias

Hello

I have a panelview 1000 that I am looking to migrate to PanelView 7 Perf. I have this connected to two devices (One PLC (SLC) and One DCS(DeltaV VIM Inteface)) thru ethernet IP. I purchased the New Model and also did a upgrade on the interface (VIM2) module with a ODVA EThernet IP Driver. Panel View 7 says is ODVA Ethernet IP complaint. Problem is that the old Class 1 COnnection on the panelview is not longer possible with the newer versions thru FT View since they use RSLinx Enterprise, and I cannot find a way to create a generic enbt or a Class/Service connection. Someone has experience integrating PV7 Perf with other platforms thru Ethernet IP. Iknow about the generic data OPC server on FT View but I need this communication to be Eth/IP.

Please advise.

This is definitely a challenge.

Please clarify; does the DeltaV VIM module act as the "scanner" with the PanelView as an "adapter", or the other way around ?

If the DeltaV VIM module is an "Adapter", then you should be able to use the RSLinx Enterprise Direct Connectivity technique to read and write Parameter Objects or Assembly Objects.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/547266

But if the PanelView Plus needs to be the "adapter" or "slave" device for a cyclic I/O connection, that's a feature that the PV Standard had but the Plus does not.

I understand that the PanelView 5000 product re-introduced that feature, but I have not worked with that and do not know if it could be used with a third party device.