Cutler Hammer D100 Message Center Help

djedesign1

My customer is desperate to upgrade an old (30+) process line that has Cutler Hammer D100A PLCs (Toshiba EX40H) and D800 Messsage Displays.

To avoid re-inventing the wheel, we want to suck the programs from the PLCs and the Message Display. The PLCs are no problem as we know someone with the old software & dongle.

The Message Displays are the issue. Apparently we need the old DOS "Micro PanelMate Configuration Editor"

Help

You got old laptop w/ Windows 95?
I have software. I don't know how I can send it to you.
Probably, this software has no value or software rights, but...
If your Co has FTP address, then I can send I suppose...

Its 4 disks..
Floppy disk states "DD" format.
I tried my PC's floopy..errors.

You got old laptop w/ Windows 95?
I have software. I don't know how I can send it to you.
Probably, this software has no value or software rights, but...
If your Co has FTP address, then I can send I suppose...

Its 4 disks..
Floppy disk states "DD" format.
I tried my PC's floopy..errors.

Hello Doylen.

I was wondering if you could send that software to me. i have 3 d805d13 messages display and i would like to make them useful.

Thanks in advance man

From portugal

tintin2005

Last edited:
I found a windows version of the "Micro PanelMate Configuration Editor", but it is only for the D820,D830,D840, and D850 Micro Panelmate. The only PLC drivers in this software package is for the C-H D50/D300 series PLC. Other drivers were available for AB, GE, and TI plcs, but this particular package didn't have those drivers. I have the manual for this software and there is no mention of it working on the "d805d13 messages display" that you mentioned in your post (#4). I just wonder if there ever was any software available or if they used a Hand-Held Programmer?

I found a windows version of the "Micro PanelMate Configuration Editor", but it is only for the D820,D830,D840, and D850 Micro Panelmate. The only PLC drivers in this software package is for the C-H D50/D300 series PLC. Other drivers were available for AB, GE, and TI plcs, but this particular package didn't have those drivers. I have the manual for this software and there is no mention of it working on the "d805d13 messages display" that you mentioned in your post (#4). I just wonder if there ever was any software available or if they used a Hand-Held Programmer?

hello jrwb4gbm.

If i´m not wrong .... after reading this documenti´ve got the idea that the software exists....
http://www.google.pt/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eaton.com%2Fecm%2Fidcplg%3FIdcService%3DGET_FILE%26allowInterrupt%3D1%26RevisionSelectionMethod%3DLatestReleased%26Rendition%3DPrimary%26%26dDocName%3D1063683030256&ei=NUkKTr_5NoaxhQfE0L38Dw&usg=AFQjCNFmMZ5jyf3ifJSyxLm5jEFAtsQMQA

take a look at this document a tell me something please.

it seems to be the same software for every 800 messages display family.

by the way, my message display is the one that has written " Direct Conection Rear Panel" in the right side of page 3.

regards

tintin2005

Last edited:
I have sent you a PM with links for all the info I have found, mostly about the D820 thru D850 Micro Panelmates.
After reading the TIPD800.pdf, I can't really tell if any software exists. With the unit having a programming port, it certainly seems possible. If you think that one of the units might have something programmed into it, I would write a test program for the D100 PLC to see if any messages could be triggered. You might also try Hyperterminal at 600 baud on the programming port to see if something can be detected.

Take a look at this website:
http://www.vorne.com/message-displays-2000ser.htm
Here is what it says about 3/4 way down the webpage.
Replacing Obsolete Products
The 2000 Series is also an excellent choice for replacing Cincinnati Electrosystems (CEI) 5000 Series including the 5003, 5003S, 5004, 5004S, 5005, 5008, 5009 and 5208A models, Cherry® W424 Series, Cutler-Hammer® D800 and Rockwell Automation® Allen-Bradley® Dataliner™ models DL5, DL10 and DL20.
Also there is some software available to download. See the links in "Related Resources" on the top right side of the web page. It looks like this software can only send to the display, not read from the display.
This "might" be the original company that made the C-H unit or maybe bought the rights from C-H. It might not be either one, so, try to test on a unit you don't need. Be careful that there is nothing in the display currently that needs saving, you might lose it.

hello man.

thanks for your help
i already download the dos and windows software.
i will test it later.... i have to make the cable fisrt...and if works i tell you.

regards

tintin2005

hello everybody.

I already tested the softwares but infortunately didn´t work.

the comunication is different as you can see in the images above.

here the connections for the original software....

C-H_comunication.jpg

and here the vorne ....

vornecomunication.jpg

if someone have the original cutler hammer software i will be grateful if anybody send me it.

thanks in advance

tintin2005

I still don't have any software, sorry. Can you please zip and attach the program files that you are using on the D100 PLC? A fresh save from the PLC or copies of the backup files would be great. These files should be from the D100 PLC that you are using the MDU (Message Display Unit)on. It may help if I can see how the messages are triggered.

The software your looking for Has a part number of "D800CCS60" I don't know what it is called by name. It is made by cutler hammer, it has no software or hardware key.

I have been unsuccessful in locating it. I also have a display I wish to program.

cutler hammer discontinued the software with no replacement.
If anyone has it and would like to share, It would make my day!

The software your looking for Has a part number of "D800CCS60" I don't know what it is called by name. It is made by cutler hammer, it has no software or hardware key.

I have been unsuccessful in locating it. I also have a display I wish to program.

cutler hammer discontinued the software with no replacement.
If anyone has it and would like to share, It would make my day!
Hook up the comm cable like shown in post #11 and try it with Hyperterminal. Maybe something will happen at display power-up. You could try it with or without the 1 to 4 jumper. Maybe tintin2005 found a solution. Send him a PM.

Found these links with google.
Links:
http://www.werbreakers.com/search.php?keyword=D800CCS60&mid=744
http://www.werbreakers.com/item.php?iid=186259
http://www.danluckowelectric.com/item.php?iid=186259

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try and post the results.
I called the web business that you listed, they were very helpfull. he told me he has no stock of the software. They contacted cutler hammer, who said the software is obsolete with no replacement. I purchased a d815g12 from radwell international because it was sold with software.... When I received the display it had no software with it, and they informed me they don't have it.