VLT Dialog Software

The old 16-bit dialog software was replaced last year with the new 32 bit VLT Dialog 3.xx.

It is over 27mb, though.

Your best bet is to buy the software from Dafoss (www.danfoss.com) -- it is not expensive.

Be sure to go back to their website and install the latest updates which you can freely download (3.08 is current).

I urgently need a copy of Dialog - one of our customers is still using many obsolete VLT drives, models that are not supported by the MCT10 software.

Danfoss UK do not have any copies of Dialog remaining, and I've not found any useful links using Google.

If anyone has a copy or a link please let me know ASAP.

TIA,
Dave

Hi petroldave, I'm in the same situation than you on Jul 2011, but Rapidshare has been closed. Could you upload the files to any other cloud server. Thanks in advance !!!. BR

This thread seems perpetual! I too am looking for the VLT Dialog software (Also referred to as Dialogue by Danfoss).

Danfoss tech support did their best to send it to me. It was a set of 6 floppies, but was missing a floppy. It was the 16 bit DOS version and was all they had. I'm guessing if you have the 16 bit or 32 bit version of Dialog, the Danfoss tech support would be happy to have it. ([email protected])

Hi Bob!

In March this year I left Danfoss Drives Level 2 support (Located in Denmark) and I'm quite sure I left the zip files for Dialog with my colleague. So it seems that the guys from the US did not do a good job hunting it down.

I'll see if I still have a copy somewhere.

Michal

Hi Michal! Thanks. If you find it and post a link, I'll send it to the Danfoss guys in the US. If you don't find it, I might check with Danfoss in Denmark.

One of the attached emails from Danfoss US tech support had a dozen or so tech support contacts throughout the world. I did a "reply all" and they were all still valid addresses. So I might just send it to all of them since they took some effort in trying to find the software for me.

In the end, there is 480VAC in the enclosure, so I may upgrade from the old single phase 230VAC VLT 2010 to a new 3 phase 480 VAC VFD. But the machine is 30 years old with no drive parameters listed in the documentation, so it would be nice to be able to retrieve them. We only run the machine once or twice a year.

Is there no basic 1 line LED display on the drive? The Danfoss drives that I have come across had a simple display and a few buttons. All parameters accessible from the front panel. It would take some time to go through them like that, but better than having no parameter values at all. They may have been newer drives though than the one you are dealing with.