Double Data Entry in FactoryTalk View Studio

poj101

Hi all,

I am currently trying to develop a HMI application which will need the user to enter a data matrix code and then verify it by re-entering the same code. Are there any quick ways to set this up within factory talk?

What I need is the user to enter the data to a string entry then another screen to enter the code again confirming it matches the original. I suppose it can be developed easily enough using PLC code, I cant find anything in the factory talk manual but assumed this would be a regular enough request from customers. Has anyone developed a similar application in factory talk?

If your using FTVME then try creating a Macro.

--------- expression = tag value -------------

(String1 == String2) = (Stringverified)