IFIX4.0 + SLC-500 on XP32bit Upgrade required

chissene

Hello,

i need an advice regarding a quite old system that i would like to upgrade to windows 7 (x86 or x64)

It is a win XP 32bit with an IFIX 4.0 ad-hoc project controlling a single Allen Bradley SLC-500 (which is already discontinued i think) under config/hardware is SLC 5/04, 5/03 OS301. The driver is ABH-Allen-Bradley Data Highway v6.40a.

So the questions are:

1. Ifix 4.0 have WinXP as minimal requirements, but is it compatible with win7 (x86 or x64) ?

2. Let's say that the point 1 is negative and i need to also upgrade IFIX to a newer version, do that driver work with win7 x86 or x64 or i need to find out there another updated driver ?

Thanks

Similar Topics

I’m attempting to send a temperature from a SLC-5/02 to an EZiMarquee display. The vendor said to use a MSG instruction to send the data to the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a few SLCs in my plant and of late we've seen a weird issue: The system will be running normally and then randomly the outputs...
Replies
Views
I am working on setting up a Prosoft Datalogger model PLX51-DLplus-232. This unit will be collecting data from a SLC 5/05 on the DB9 port set to...
Replies
Views
I have a redundant ControlLogix being set up. This program reads a value from a remote site which happens to be SLC PLC. Rockwell mentions SLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ControlLogix redundant controller being set up. The program reads a value from a remote site which hosts a SLC PLC. Rockwell...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom