first scan wont reset an SQO

rscott9399

Hey guys

Having a bit of an issue here.

I want my SQO to reset on startup.

Im using an (res) on the SQO with the first scan bit with nothing else in the way and it just wont work.

If i tie an HMI button to the reset it works just fine.
However, the first scan wont do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Pertinent Info

Studio 5000
Compact Logix

Is the the SQO instruction rung also true during first scan? Perhaps it is resetting and immediately advancing to the first step?

Is the RES instruction in a routine that is always being called?

Hey guys

Having a bit of an issue here.

I want my SQO to reset on startup.

Im using an (res) on the SQO with the first scan bit with nothing else in the way and it just wont work.

If i tie an HMI button to the reset it works just fine.
However, the first scan wont do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Pertinent Info

Studio 5000
Compact Logix

Only thing i can think of .....

Is the routine that the RES instruction is in being scanned on the first scan - some people put an XIO S:FS in front of their JSR's, for no apparent reason....

i found the issue
Kind of strange

so i had two (res) in series on one rung because i was to lazy to add a branch :)

I didn't think it would be an issue but sure enough it was!

Dunno why but all seems better now, Thanks team