Rexroth eds file help needed

ukguy777

Hi

I am currently trying to obtain an eds file for a Rexroth (indramat) EcoDrive DeviceNet module which interfaces with 2 EcoDrives.

The rexroth site does not seem to have the file i need, does anyone know of a good resource for eds files, or where i may be able to obtain this?

Regards

Guy

I have it, but need a some time to find it.

3-4 years ago we build few machines with Ecodrives on DNET.
Did you try to get it from Rexroth?

Hi

I haven't actually tried phoning Rexroth yet (just assumed if i couldn't get it from their website they wouldn't have it - stupid eh?)

Will try ringing them tomorrow at the opening of business, see if they can help. If not i'd be really greatful if you could find it out for me. I'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks for your reply

Guy

I just googled Rexroth Ecodrive EDS and first result pointed to the correct page:
http://www.boschrexroth.com/business_units/brc/en/downloads_uebersicht_en/software_en/download_antriebstechnik_en/index.jsp

Here direct EDS link
http://www.boschrexroth.com/business_units/brc/de/downloads_uebersicht_de/freeware_de/antriebstechnik_de/ecodrive_de/DKC06P3.zip

As far as I remember we did not use Indramat's file and created our own, don't remeber why.
Our project used Controllogix, 2 or 3 Ecodrives and PV over DeviceNET.

Tried that one, doesn't seem to work (I google whenever i want to find something, good sometimes, but not told me where my car keys are yet).

I'll try phoning Rockwell, and the OEM (yes, i have just realised that the OEM will have it).

Thank you for your reply, and as a quick aside, do you need the correct eds's for backing up a deviceNet network, or can you just go online and save the .dnt file?

All the best

Guy

Tried that one, doesn't seem to work
Did you try to use "EDS hardware installation tool" or just copied the file. I don't see why it will not work.
If you know I/O sizes you can create your own EDS within RSNetworks for DeviceNet.

I'll try phoning Rockwell, and the OEM (yes, i have just realised that the OEM will have it)
Why Rockwell? Call Rexroth. Rockweel has nothing to do with this EDS.

do you need the correct eds's for backing up a deviceNet network, or can you just go online and save the .dnt file
I looked at my backups - I have only dnt files, no EDS. I tried to open .DNT and I see that EDS missing. Project done on another PC for sure.

Last edited:
"Why Rockwell? Call Rexroth. Rockweel has nothing to do with this EDS"

Typo, sorry. Our plant is so exclusively Rockwell/AB, it's the thing i hear most every day "Call Rockwell" "Have you tried calling Rockwell". "Rockwell" has become a euphamism for "Tech support".

I know this is an old thread, but it was close to my problem.

I have the EDS file, but the manual seems to be lacking. The machine builder is behind so when we finally get access to the equipment there will not be much time to mess around getting it to work. Has anyone worked with the ECODRIVE Cs with DeviceNet interface with an A-B processor (SLC preferred, others no problem) have any example files they could share?

Thanks,

Darren

Hi, i could send you the files from the installation currently running on site (Rexroth drives on Dnet, ComactLogix Processor), in exchange for the EDS files.

All the best

Guy

Here is the standard generic EDS file. The specialized files are not accepted by RSNetworx.

Change the .txt extension back to .eds to get the registration wizard to recognize the file.

Darren