RSLOGIX 5000 Error Message

introl

I loaded Rslogix 5000 software on my xp operating system and everything was fine.
I then loaded FactoryTalk View Site Edition and it required me to uninstall the .NET Framework 2.0 in order to install, I did that and that allowed me to install the software properly.
I went back to RsLogix 5000 and got the following error message that wouldn't allow the program to boot:

"RsLogix 5000 is unable to load a dependency that relies on Microsoft(R).NET. Please verify that your .NET security settings do not restrict RsLogix 5000 .NET assemblies from executing"

PLEASE HELP ME AS I AM STUMPED AS WHAT TO DO...

Thanks

introl said:
I loaded Rslogix 5000 software on my xp operating system and everything was fine.
I then loaded FactoryTalk View Site Edition and it required me to uninstall the .NET Framework 2.0 in order to install, I did that and that allowed me to install the software properly.
I went back to RsLogix 5000 and got the following error message that wouldn't allow the program to boot:

"RsLogix 5000 is unable to load a dependency that relies on Microsoft(R).NET. Please verify that your .NET security settings do not restrict RsLogix 5000 .NET assemblies from executing"

PLEASE HELP ME AS I AM STUMPED AS WHAT TO DO...

Thanks

I do not want to rub salt into a wound, but there is something about the latest FTVSE 5.0 install. Look at my post about SE problems.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=38987

Hopefuly Rockwell are monitoring this forum and realizing some thing may be wrong with FTVSE 5.0

Last edited:
I'm going to stick my head up here. Be gentle.

Rockwell Automation isn't monitoring this forum. A few Rockwell Automation employees, including me, are members and participants but we don't in any way represent the Company. Most of us don't work in Support or in Software, but rather in Sales and in Training.

Although some very small companies do have principals who monitor this and other Forums, Rockwell doesn't. Frankly, the public Internet isn't a very smart place to conduct your technical support.

There are tens of thousands of FactoryTalk View users and I can't personally raise my hand and take responsibility for the performance or patching of all of their systems, with the .NET dependencies or KB notes or any of the other aspects that might be causing them headaches. My personal experience with FTView Studio is that version 5 is faster and more stable than every preceding version. I'm running twenty PC's in my classroom with FTView Studio v5 with RSLogix 5000 v15 and v16 on VMWare with XPSP2 and they're humming right along flawlessly.

If you are having problems with any FactoryTalk or RSI software problem, you're going to get the very best results by picking up the phone and calling Rockwell Software. Even if the Tech Connect engineer you speak with "is stumped", he still has a much better chance at giving you the kind of personal and specific attention that you deserve than a casual member of a public Internet discussion forum.

Oakley said:
Have you tried to re-install RSLogix 5000?

Do you have .Net 1.1 installed?

Thank you, i reinstalled .net 1.1!! wish you had posted earlier but i figured it out, appreciate it greatly.

When i loaded Factory Talk View SE i had to uninstall .net 2.0 sp1 and .net 1.1 in order to load software, then reinstalled .net 2.0 and forgot to reinstall .net 1.1.

Thanks again

RSLogix error

hello,

on my internship i have an assignment with servo-motors. but if i want to tune the motor, RSlogix gives the error 16396-0: Online Command Failed; messaging to the servo module failed.

what i must do and what means it exactly??

regards,
blueband