SLC 5/04 to PanelMate Power Pro 3000 through AIC+

hhuong

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can give.
I have a SLC 5/04 processor and a Panelmate Power Pro 3000. There is an AIC+ Advanced Interface Converter (Cat.No. 1761-NET-AIC) in between the SLC 5/04 and the Panelmate.

SLC serial port was connected to Port 1(RS-232) of AIC+. Panelmate was connected to Port 3(RS-485) of AIC+.

This is the first time that I deal with Panelmate. I have no idea how to download or upload program from the Panelmate. Any suggestion or where can I get the information from? I had tried Cuttler Hammer website but found nothing.

I have the Panelmate Power Pro Configuration software and Transfer Utility. I heard either one of the software can be used to download/upload from the PanelMate. Is it true?

Thanks again for the help.

Best Regards,
Herbert

It sounds like you have the hardware that you need, but what exactly do you want to do? What have you already tried that didn't work?

Is the PanelMate successfully communicating with the PLC? Is there a configuration already installed in the PanelMate? Do you need to modify the PanelMate?

If you have the PanelMate configuration software, the manuals are included on the CD. If this is a brand new PanelMate, you need to download the executive and then a driver before you download the configuration.

I probably won't be much help with the specifics of getting the PanelMate to communicate with the SLC, but I can help you with the PanelMate configuration and transfer software.

It sounds like you have the hardware that you need, but what exactly do you want to do? What have you already tried that didn't work?

Actually there is a program in the PanelMate that I want to upload to my laptop so that I can do some modification with it. I tried to connect my laptop serial port to AIC+ Port 2 via cable 1761-CBL-PM02. And I don't know how to use the panelmate software to upload the program.

Is the PanelMate successfully communicating with the PLC? Is there a configuration already installed in the PanelMate? Do you need to modify the PanelMate?

Yes, the PanelMate is communication with the PLC. The PanelMate is running pretty well. The problem is I want to modify the program which is already in the PanelMate and I have totally no idea what the procedure is in order to upload the program from PanelMate.

To transfer a configuration from the PanelMate to your PC, you need to connect a serial transfer cable (Cutler Hammer part number 0518) between the PC and Port 1 on the PanelMate.

You need to stop the PanelMate from communicating with the SLC and out it into serial transfer mode. You do that by touching the 'Cancel' button, then the 'More' button, then 'go offline', then 'enter serial transfer mode'. Note: The preceding sequence is from memory. I might have mis-stated one or more of the steps.

Start the PanelMate Transfer software. Click the button labeled 'Add configuration file to operations list' to the right of the words 'Upload Configuration'. You will be prompted for a file name. Enter one, and you're ready to start.

You can find out the file name that's in the PanelMate by first clicking on the tab labeled 'System Info', then the button labeled 'System/Configuration Info", then 'Start'. This will upload basic data about what is running in the PanelMate, including file name and size and which communications driver it is using.

Once you have uploaded the file from the PanelMate to your PC, start the PanelMate configuration software. You must import the file you just uploaded into the configuration software database. You do this by clicking on the 'File' menu, then 'Import'. Select the file you uploaded and click 'OK'. Once the import process is complete, the configuration will appear in the list of PanelMate 3000 configurations. From there, you can open it and edit the individual pages.

This is all covered in the manuals that are on the CD containing the software.

To transfer a configuration from the PanelMate to your PC, you need to connect a serial transfer cable (Cutler Hammer part number 0518) between the PC and Port 1 on the PanelMate

Steve,
According to my network setup, I can't connect my laptop to the AIC+ Port 2 in order to upload program from PanelMate?

It may be possible. I know there is a 'network transfer' option capability with PanelMate/AB combinations, but I've never had the opportunity to try it. I believe it is limited to Data Highway networks. If I'm not mistaken, the NET-AIC module is for DH485 communications, which is not the same thing as Data Highway.