RSLogix500 and GML commander

malbec

I have backup files of a machine that has an SLC500 and 3 motion controllers by Allen-Bradley.
I can open and see the RSLogix file. The GML files cannot be open, i get an error by the GML commander "Unexpected file format".
I also know that the devices have DeviceNet communication between them.
I have some questions:
1. How can I know which parameters transfer by the DeviceNet? Can I know it from the PLC project?
2. Is there another way to open the GML file? I have GML commander Version 4.00

Thanks

Hi

The best way to see the mapping from the controller to the plc is getting rs networks for device net and then uploading from the scanner card. Them you will see what nodes are connect are where they mapped to in the plc.
As fir the gml I only ever worked on it a few times I know you needed to have the source code to be able to open it as you could not upload it.
The error you are getting at a guess that the program was created with a newer version

Donnchadh