Software needed

Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish?

Logicmaster is obsolete software. It was a DOS application. I only run it under Windows XP. If you have a Logicmaster file and need a printout of your program, post the file here and I'll make a text file of the program for you. If you want the software so you can make a modification to an existing program, you'll be better off purchasing Proficy Machine Edition rather than Logicmaster. It can read a Logicmaster program from the PLC or import a Logicmaster file. Be advised that the 90-30 is also an obsolete product line.

You're still better off getting Proficy Machine Edition.

Regardless of which software package you get you will also need a RS485/RS232 converter unless your PLC has an Ethernet port or a CPU with an RS232 port.

Getting Logicmaster to communicate over Ethernet is possible, but not particularly easy. Getting Logicmaster to communicate serially through a USB/serial converter is possible but I've personally never been able to maintain communications long enough to upload or download a program that way.

Regardless of which software package you use, you won't have any rung comments or variable descriptions when you extract the program form the PLC.

The one reason to stick with the DOS version is that the firmware of the 90-30 will have to be upgraded to use PME, and there is no going back to the DOS version of 90-30 after that.

If that's not a problem, then PME is the logical choice.

The one reason to stick with the DOS version is that the firmware of the 90-30 will have to be upgraded to use PME

I would rephrase that to: The one reason to stick with the DOS version is that the firmware of the 90-30 might have to be upgraded to use PME.

There are recommended minimum firmware versions for compatibility with PME. My personal experience is that versions earlier than the recommended minimums will still work when programmed with PME.

Ah okay, thanks!

We had a guy who took it upon himself to allow the contractor to program the 90-30 using Cimplicity, or it might have been VersaPro. Either way, the rest of us were locked out of the PLC.

Take a 90-30 program that was created with Logicmaster. Import it into Machine Edition and send it back to the PLC using Machine Edition. Logicmaster will no longer be compatible with the program. Clear the PLC's memory and you'll be able to program it with Logicmaster again.

There are some 90-30 CPU models that are incompatible with Logicmaster.

There may also be firmware versions that will turn a 90-30 CPU that was compatible with Logicmaster into one that's incompatible.

Need a printout of 90-30 program to convert from.

We have a ZSK-30 extruder (1996) that lost its program in a power down. I've been tasked with getting it back up. The processor was upgraded to a SLC500 in 2000 and we do not have that program. We do have the original 90-30 program. I need a printout of the GE program to convert to a new processor. Can someone help me out?

We have a ZSK-30 extruder (1996) that lost its program in a power down. I've been tasked with getting it back up. The processor was upgraded to a SLC500 in 2000 and we do not have that program. We do have the original 90-30 program. I need a printout of the GE program to convert to a new processor. Can someone help me out?
Posting a question on someone else's thread is frowned upon. I would encourage you to start your own thread. You're liable to get a better response.