Numeric input enable properties

knucklebucket

Factory Talk question of the day, can a numeric input enable be reset to 0 after a batch cycle complete? I don't see anything in the properties window that would allow that?

the desired outcome would be I touch a numeric input, my window pops up, I input number, batch cycle starts and when load weight is achieved and cycle completes, it would automatically reset my target to 0.

Is it connected to a PLC tag? If so clear the PLC tag. Is Continuously Update checked?

it is writing to a PLC tag, is does update, but I need to determine how to write back to the numeric input from the PLC

I did some slurry dispenser machines and I had to do this. There are other ways, I'm sure, but I assigned a tag in logix as an example "Recipe preset" and made that a connection to the numerical keypad in the HMI. Then I would use a MOV block in logic to move "Recipe Preset" value to a tag called "Current_Recipe" for instance, and connect "Current_Recipe" to a numerical indicator in the HMI. After "Cycle_Complete" I would activate a "CLR" instruction with a one-shot and the tag for the "CLR" instruction in logic would be "Recipe Preset". This would then move a zero into the numerical indicator in the HMI after the cycle completed. Hope this helps.

thanks I will give that a try

Tom

I did some slurry dispenser machines and I had to do this. There are other ways, I'm sure, but I assigned a tag in logix as an example "Recipe preset" and made that a connection to the numerical keypad in the HMI. Then I would use a MOV block in logic to move "Recipe Preset" value to a tag called "Current_Recipe" for instance, and connect "Current_Recipe" to a numerical indicator in the HMI. After "Cycle_Complete" I would activate a "CLR" instruction with a one-shot and the tag for the "CLR" instruction in logic would be "Recipe Preset". This would then move a zero into the numerical indicator in the HMI after the cycle completed. Hope this helps.