HMI as Gateway

backbacon

Hey folks,
Is there a way to display a value from plc A to HMI then take that value in the HMI and write to tag in PLC B

The HMI is setup for both PLC's now.
Factorytalk ME
Controllogix and Rslogix5

I've tried If statements in the numeric display but it does not seem to work.

Thanks

macro Test

tagA TagA == Tag B

Then Display settlings start macro Test

then Numeric Display TAG A will have value of tagB

Correct? If so doesn't seem to work

If my screenshots worked this is what I have done thats not working... I have it looping back to the same plc just for testing.

MacroStrat.PNG Macro.PNG Numeric Display.PNG

I've done it w/ a button before, probably work as well from a macro.

&Set [ProcessorA]Tag1 [ProcessorB]Tag2;

will set Tag1 to the value currently in Tag2.

Machine Edition macros cannot use the &Set function, that only works for Site Edition.

Based on your second image, the format for the macro is as follows:

<Tag> = <Expression>

whereas you are currently trying to equate a value in the expression:

<Tag> = <Tag> = <Tag>

Change it so that only the tag name you are trying to pass over is in the expression field and it should work.

Machine Edition macros cannot use the &Set function, that only works for Site Edition.

Based on your second image, the format for the macro is as follows:

<Tag> = <Expression>

whereas you are currently trying to equate a value in the expression:

<Tag> = <Tag> = <Tag>

Change it so that only the tag name you are trying to pass over is in the expression field and it should work.

Thank you! I will give it a try

Well well, it worked, but I think it would have hours ago... I was using "test" display, that must not run the macro. Used test application and it worked right away(multiple setups I had going). Thank you for all the help, case closed.