download a .cha file

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an OEM .cha File the machine manufacture sent me he sent a pdf on how to load a .MER file. I have FTME and thought I would be able to figure it out its a C400 Panelview T4T. I have CCW but have only used it on Powerflex 40
Drives in the past, not sure I have all that's needed. I've never worked with a .cha file . Any suggestions... Thanks

Reading other posts I was able to create a project in CCW then rename it the same as the .cha file I got then save it and delete the .cha file in it and paste the new one in. Then I was able to open it in CCW and it is correct with all the screens. Now I need to figure out hoe to load it Since the 2711C-T4T does not have an ethernet port it is connected to the controller with the RS232 but has a USB also. Any one have suggestions on where I go from here...,Thanks

Would I save the whole thing to USB ? What file is the T4T looking for if I load from external file USB

You should be able to save the .cha file on the USB, go to the panel's config screen and copy it over.

Meaning, copy your .cha file to the USB. Plug it into the HMI and access the config screen. Then simply copy it from external storage to internal.

Last edited:
Must be a bad screen although everything looks ok. once it did see the file on the USB but would not copy over. now it wont even see it on the USB.

Since the 2711C-T4T does not have an ethernet port
Both Rockwell literature and my own experience with one say it does.

I haven't loaded one via USB, but for ethernet connection point your browser to the IP address given in the HMI config after setting your own address on the same network (default HMI address will be in the range of 169.254.0.0 through 169.254.255.255).

Just a follow up I managed to get the file loaded off a USB. My problem was the USB stick I was using was to wide on the end to fit all the way in and I didn't notice it at the time because the stick did power up (led) I saw that today trying again so I put file on another
slimmer stick that went all the way into the recess on the Panelview and it recognized the file for transfer.