Logix Designer Scripting

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I have a Danish program that has a lot of AOI's that were created using structured text. There are a few arguments that I am not entirely familiar with. Would anyone know if RS has a reference manual for their scripting? I have searched online but can find nothing. Thank you.

Have a look at this although it is basic it might give you some information.
ST is a bit like Basic or Pascal (pascal because of the ; at then end of each line as well as :=). There are some oddities in some platforms i.e. there may be some in-built instructions that are a little unique to that platform as well as some functions that only work in Lad/FBD.
https://www.plcacademy.com/structured-text-tutorial/#syntax
For RW specific:
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm007_-en-p.pdf
The idea of structured text is two fold, 1 cross platform applications where an ST program or part of can be used in a number of different PLC's (I suspect each supplier is not too keen on this and because of different platforms will use different ways of interacting with hardware it will take time to be truly portable).
Supposed to be easier to understand (personally I find some code is easier to write others not. I recently did a function (AOI) where I found it quicker in FBD than it was to write the same code in ST). Personally, I like Lad/FBD because I find it easier to monitor and that's coming from a person who cur his teeth on C, Basic & Pascal.