Fault code in rslogix

bornwild

Fault Code 211 in rslogix

Hello Guys our power flex 755 keep faulting with fault 211 at random times. We cant see the drive physically for the fault code as it mounted at high location but the last fault code 32 bit dint in the program shows 211. Is this decimal 211 or binary?? .The manual doesn’t have a fault code 211 for the rslogix. Correct me if I am wrong the fault code generated in the program is different from the code on the drive display.

My book lists fault 211 as a Safety Board Fault.

Oh, and there is no such thing as 211 in base 2.
There could be confusion between decimal, octal, and hex, depending on how you are displaying the DINT, but I'm sure it isn't binary.

From the manual, as stated above.

211 Safety Brd Fault Resettable Fault Coast A Safety option module has indicated a fault. Verify that ENABLE
Jumper is installed. Reset or power cycle drive.
Safe Speed Monitor (20-750-S1):
• See P67 [Fault Status] on page 298 for more information on the
fault statuses.
• See publication 750-RM001 for more information.
Safe Torque Off (20-750-S):
• If DC power drops below 17V DC “Not Enable” is indicated.
• If voltage drops below 11V DC the module faults.
• See publication 750-UM002 for more information.
ATEX (20-750-ATEX):
• Possible hardware damage.
• The motor to the thermal sensor is shorted.
• Excessive EMC noise due to improper grounding/shielding.
• See publication 750-UM003 for more information.

"F211 Safety Brd Fault" is a general drive fault indicating that the drive has detected some error on an apparently installed safety board option. It should be a decimal value that you are viewing in the software.

Do you know if either or both of these Safety Module Options are installed?...

20-750-S Safe Torque Off Option Module
20-750-S1 Safe Speed Monitor Option Module

Pending confirmation of the above...

As well as checking the drive's Main Board jumper selections are fitted correctly and tightly...

J1 Enable - fitted
J2 Safety - removed

...to further determine the cause of the general fault, examine, as per Mickey's quote, Parameter 67 for a 20-750-S1 Safe Speed Monitor Module. This parameter holds the Fault Status for the Safety board.

As this technote demonstrates...

725825 - PowerFlex 750-Series F211 Safety Board Fault with 20-750-S1
Access Level: Everyone

...an F211 fault does not necessarily mean there is a hardware fault. It could also be an application fault, such as a detected unsafe speed outside of predefined safe speed limits, which can trigger an F211 fault. In this particular case, Parameter 55 [Safe Speed Limit] has been exceeded and Parameter 67, which is a 32 bit DINT, will set its bit 16 to "1" - SLS Spd Flt (Safety Limit Speed Fault). This can occur when the drive is commanded to a speed reference that exceeds the P55 Safe Speed Limit value.

You may have to climb up to this drive, when safe to do so, of course, and start checking some of the physical things out, like the jumpers and what is fitted, or not.

You should be able to access all the drive and option parameters via the software and drive profile.

Regards,
George