Simatic net - XP Pro SP2

Krish

Does any have a fix for running "simatic net V6.2+SP1" on XP Pro SP2, i.e apart from buying the latest version

Krish said:
Does any have a fix for running "simatic net V6.2+SP1" on XP Pro SP2, i.e apart from buying the latest version

Uninstall SP2.

I don't think there is a way around this incompatability problem, simatic net v6.3 is supposed to overcome this, but is it out yet? I don't know.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Paul

Simatic Net Edition 2005 supports Windows XP SP2. is available according to simantic online, i am currently awaiting pricing and availability from local supplier.

I have installed v6.1 on XP SP2, and it works OK. Siemens doesnt recommend it though.

I have heard that there should be an installation program deeper within the directory structure of the CD for v6.2 that will run without checking for XP SP2.

Also, there should be a Windows setting somewhere to trick the installation program so that it thinks it is running on a previous version of Windows. Havent tried it though.

What is the problem with using v6.1 on XP SP2? I am having a problem where we loaded a recently purchased simatic net v6.1 B307x on a computer and the same OCX controls that were in a earlier version of v6.1 B3045 are no longer there. Does anyone have any ideas?

I cannot say exactly what the problem was. It is just that Siemens cannot (will not) guarantee its functionality.
Give it a try and install the old version v6.1.

For your information, Siemens has released a new version (Simatic Net 2005) that is compatible with XP SP2.