Panelmate Power Pro.- Report for migration

Thanks Steve! And thanks for the quick turn around!

I'm new to the Panelmate terminals and I wasn't aware what information the report would provide. Unfortunately I just found out that I need to get the .db file. I was told that could be done by uncompiling the .pps file. Do you know if that's true? If so would it be too much trouble to ask you if its possible for you to uncompile it for me?

Looking through the various directories in the Panemate Power Pro software, I see many files with .db extensions. None of them appear to be specific to a single project. Which one do you think you need and what makes you think you need it?
Uncompiling the .pps file is done from the Penelmate Power Pro software. The .pps file is what gets transferred to the Panelmate unit. Uncompiling a .pps file makes the screens and tags available for editing.

I'm trying to convert an old application to an AB Panelview. I stumbled across a feature in Eaton's Visual Designer (which looks like it is actually Indusoft's Web Studio just rebranded). The feature will allow you to convert a PanelMate application if you have the .db file.

I don't have a license for the Eaton software but I do have a license for the Indusoft product which has the same conversion feature. In their how-to guide they state that if you have the .pps file you can use the PanelMate Power Pro Configuration Editor to convert it to a uncomplied database file and then it can be imported into Indusoft's Web Studio. They also state that the uncomplied PanelMate application database file (.db) is usually saved in the following location:C:\PMConfig\Model. So I assume if you open it up with the PanelMate Power Pro software it will create the .db file with the name TPLANT9.db, but I really don't know.

My plan was to get it into the Indusoft software, dig through the application, reverse engineer it and then rebuilt it in FactoryTalk View Studio.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I reached out to the plant electricians to see if they had access to the PanelMate Power Pro software but they haven't had any luck thus far.

Thanks,
Daniel

That directory, C:\PMConfig\Model was where I saw many .db files, but none of them bear the same name as any of the individual projects that I can open. It looks like the Panelmate Power Pro software gets data from all of the .db files. I say that because the two largest .db files are named "CFGPAGES.db" which sounds like configuration pages and "MSGTBL.db" which sounds like message table.
The first thing I had to do with your TPLANT9.pps file was to perform what the software calls an "Import" operation on it to get TPLANT9 to show up in the list of Panelmate 1700 project files. The last thing you have to do after creating a new project or editing an existing one is to perform an "Export" operation which creates or modifies the .pps file. You have to do the export before you perform the file transfer to the Panelmate unit. When you use the file transfer utility it prompts you to select the .pps file to send to the Panelmate.
Thus it appears that at the very least I would have to send you my entire C:\PMConfig\Model directory to get the Indusoft utility to work. I might even have to send you everything under C:\PMConfig. I can't do that because there are other client's projects included which I'm not at liberty to share.