GT designer3: updating 'Advanced User Alarm Observation' page

Mas01

I've created a couple of alarm lamps (M568 & M569), which light up as expected. However, I should be getting a message on the screen (there is a "rolling log/history" of alarms which are time-stamped, as they happen), but I'm not getting any alarm text appearing on the screen.

I think I need to define my 2 new lamps on this page (see picture). However, I want add my text string to the place where this drop-down list is stored. At the moment it will only let me choose from the list of predefined messages, none of which are suitable for my new alarms.

Anyone know where this list.is defined? Thanks

IMG_20210120_173951.jpg

Last edited:
Not looked at the alarms on GT Designer, however, I cannot find that particular window, the only one I have found is different, I suspect you need to find where these standard messages are populated and add some more. It looks like you create new standard ones then go to the screen shown and select it from the list, I do not have the time at the moment to go into depth on this and the alarm settings seem a bit over complicated but it probably has multiple functionality, coupled with Japanese, translation of help files does not make it easy to work out what is needed.

No worries, parky. I'll keep looking. I think you're right- there's probably a file stored somewhere (maybe even external to GT designer3) where I need to add my alarm string/texts.

I think you need to select From the top tabs Common\Comment and select the group then add a new comment for the alarm, this is only a guess but it will be something like this.
Then possibly go to the alarm tab.

Common group.png

I think you need to select From the top tabs Common\Comment and select the group then add a new comment for the alarm, this is only a guess but it will be something like this.

Looks promising at my end. I think you're on to something....

All done. Many thanks again for your help.
Half the time, it's just knowing where to look!