M340 PLC Read Data From Control Logix 5380

Hi All,

I need to read some data from a Rockwell 5380 PLC to a schnieder m340 PLC. What hardware will i require for both systems? on the M340 side i have a NOE100 and if required i can get a NOC0401. On the rockwell side i have very little experiance and i am not sure what hardware i will be requiring. Thank you in advance for all the help. This is my first post in this forum

Hi All,

I need to read some data from a Rockwell 5380 PLC to a schnieder m340 PLC. What hardware will i require for both systems? on the M340 side i have a NOE100 and if required i can get a NOC0401. On the rockwell side i have very little experiance and i am not sure what hardware i will be requiring. Thank you in advance for all the help. This is my first post in this forum

Never used one but the NOC0401 is Ethernet/IP

Never used one but the NOC0401 is Ethernet/IP

I missed that when I looked at it earlier. It looks like it does support EthereNet/IP and if you're going to have to purchase an Ethernet module anyway that's a good way to go. Having said that, I have no idea how easy it is to use EtherNet/IP in an M340 so using a Gateway might still be easier.

NOC Card should work. Have used m340 to Rockwell remote IO with no issues.
Check in the DTM browser what Rockwell eds files you have. Maybe there is one already for your Rockwell plc

If you still need read/write data, there´s an AOI from Rockwell to do it with out any gataway, this means directly from the ethernet card/port of the processor. Look up for the AOI and check if runs on your PLC

can the MODBUS TCP and EtherNet/IP devices be on the same physical network? Yes. Depends how much data you need read/write from both. If is just a couple variables, try the AOI for modbus. In case it is a complex program or to much data go directly with the NOC401

I've done both - the AOI on the AB side and using the NOC on the Schneider side. Either way will work find. My preference would be the NOC on the Schneider side and use a protocol that is 50 years newer. I think the NOC can do either protocol (Modbus or Ethernet/IP) so there is no advantage to the older Modbus-only modules on the M340.

EtherNet/IP and Modbus TCP can coexist on the same network. If the Ethernet/IP scanner is using implicit messaging and the produced connection sfrom the adapters are configured in multicast mode, you may need a switch with IGMP snooping functionality.