PLC series 90-70 (re-programming CPU)

mohamadhoirul

hi,
Anyone can to help for programming CPU for PLC series 90-70?..
our PLC for system DP (Dynamic Positioning)on vessel and program already corrupt.

Can you tell us the Manufacturer? GE by the numbers. - EBay may be your source for used replacement hardware at lower cost than some other sites I see by a quite web search.
Do you have program backup on hand?
Does the design company to built/sold that to you still exist?

Last edited:
The 90-70 was a GE Fanuc product. Depending on the age, there are four possible software packages that could have been used to program it. If you have a backup folder, post a list of the files in it and I can tell you which package was used to create the folder.
If by "dynamic positioning", you mean some sort of motion controller, be aware there were several third-party suppliers that made motion control modules for the 90-70. The PLC is built on a VME backplane. So in addition to software to reprogram the PLC you might also need software to modify the motion axes.

Can you tell us the Manufacturer? GE by the numbers. - EBay may be your source for used replacement hardware at lower cost than some other sites I see by a quite web search.
Do you have program backup on hand?
Does the design company to built/sold that to you still exist?
ALSTOM ALSPA C90-70

CPU number :IC697CPU781-JE

Besically have the spare unit CPU but unfortunately no program inside and also no have back up program.

Understood Ebay is reference for hardware.

DP Alstom current under GE so far on going for checking the hardware and software by them, ,meanwhile looking another best option if possibility

Actually our problem CPU on DP console B then DP console DP A so far is good working. so my thinking the program is working on DP console A.

The 90-70 was a GE Fanuc product. Depending on the age, there are four possible software packages that could have been used to program it. If you have a backup folder, post a list of the files in it and I can tell you which package was used to create the folder.
If by "dynamic positioning", you mean some sort of motion controller, be aware there were several third-party suppliers that made motion control modules for the 90-70. The PLC is built on a VME backplane. So in addition to software to reprogram the PLC you might also need software to modify the motion axes.
Yes correct product by GE Fenuc, then system working for Dynamic Positioning. don't have file folder for back up, whether possible to donwload from console DP A then upload to console DP B?....