IP adressing 1783-ETAP2F

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

Straight forward question from a Rockwell Newbie.
How do you configure a IP adress for the 1783-ETAP2F??
I'm only going to assign a IP adress to it and nothing more.
I have Rs logix micro and RSlinx lite.

I've downloaded the EDS file and installed it.

/Tim

A quick search suggests the manual

Rockwell Automation Publication ENET-AP005F-EN-P - October 2014, chapter 4, and it suggests the DIP switches have certain settings, depending on the required method.

Not had any experience of this, but did a quick google on the part number.

You can set the address can be set using BootP-DHCP tool that should have been installed when you installed Studio5000. This method works with most Rockwell products.

Ok, I have read the manual and I wanted to set the IP adress from the RSlinx as stated in the manual but I can't for my life figure out how.

I haven't got Studio5000 so I probably have to download the DHCP/BOOTP utility then

/Tim

I just set a couple of these up last month.

Step 1: Use the BOOTP/DHCP Tool to give them an IP address.
Step 2: Use the BOOTP/DHCP Tool or their profile in Studio 5000 to disable BOOTP/DHCP.
Step 3: Switch the DIP switches so they use the stored configuration (diagram in the Installation Instructions and on the side on the unit)
Step 4: Reboot and verify that the IP address is retained.