Upgrading Panelview 600

Rousey99

I am very new to panelviews and factorytalk view software. We currently have a Panelview 600 (2711p-K6M20A) and the F8 button is sticking. I checked the Allen bradley literature and it suggested replacing it with the Panelview Plus 6 (2711P-K6M20A8). I have purchased this and when i download the .mer file and load the application it was coming up with an error message about unsupported communication protocols. I have since found out that the new panel does not support devicenet modules like the original panel. Is there any way to connect the new Panelview Plus 600 to devicenet or will I have to order a different Panelview?

Rousey,

Can you not get the panelview repaired?
Or purchase a direct replacement?
Rather than go down the upgrade way at the moment

We have a Rockwell contract, but for stuff that is non-contract or older hardware, we use Lektronix.
Give Carron a phone or drop her an email with your requirements and she will come back to you (mention my name and I may get some brownie points! (y))

Lektronix, Unit C1, Anchor Brook Industrial Park.
Aldridge West Midlands.
WS9 8EQ,
United Kingdom

[email protected] | [email protected] | T: 01922 455555 | F: 01922 457157

As suggested. Replacement membrane would be about £70 off the top of my head and a mornings work.

Failing that, eBay has a selection of your old screen for about £600 upwards.

Lextronix are also very good.

You may find a small local electronics repairer close to you who can repair this or they may be able to source good used parts and offer a little warranty with it. Most of the small repairs who have dealt with plc repairs have a network of contacts who can source the most obsolete stuff.

I use a small repairer based in Stirling who seem to be able to source obsolete parts and components quickly and at a good price. They are also excellent at repairs - I've had a few older PV 550's and a PV300 micro repaired recently with a couple Siemens MP panels in for backlights etc.

I have also used Lektronix and also find them excellent to deal with.

While Ebay stuff may seem to be well priced and will do the job - caution is needed. Been burned here before with parts arriving not fit for purpose - only the bin!.

Bolty.

Thank you all for your replies. The company I work for does not allow purchases from Ebay. I understand I could get a direct replacement but as i already have the new panel and for my own curiosity I was wounder if and how it could be done.