New Laptop OS?

usmcmcc

I know this has been addressed before so I'll make this quick and simple.
I am shopping for a new laptop for use with RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000 v20, Studio 5000 v30 and Factory Talk View Machine edition.
Was considering the ThinkPad P70.
Do I get Windows7 pro or Windows10 pro64 bit?
Has anyone had issues with 10pro recently with these softwares?

Thanks
Mike Cav....

A few weeks ago I set up a new laptop for a co-worker using Windows 10 Pro and all that software installed okay and seems to run okay. I think success will depend on versions. He is running RSLogix 500 version 10, RSLogix 5000 versions 13 through 20, and FTView Studio (not 100%, I think it is version 8.3).

I seem to recall having to set RSLogix 5000 to "Run as Administrator" to keep it from crashing on startup. I had to do this on my Win7 machine too though.

Personally, I am sticking with Windows 7 Pro for at least a couple more years.

Win10 using Win7 virtual machines.

You won't be able to run Win7 on new hardware thanks to Microsoft killing support for Kaby lake, Ryzen (and newer) CPUs.