S7 cpu 416-2 pci

Mad_Poet

Dear Jesper,
It seems communicating with that 416-2 PCI card type PLC was easier than I thought. I changed the name of the computer to 'Project_PC'. In the Station Configurator I changed the Station Name to 'Project_PC'. Then I created a new project I called 'Test'.

Under the PLC Menu I selected 'Upload Station to PG'. This 'Select Node Address' window came up and I clicked 'View'. Lo and behold there was the 416-2 (and a couple of other things from the Station Configurator). I selected the 416-2. Clicked OK. And, as if by magic, everything appeared in my project. (I did not add additional CPU's - that adds imaginary friends to my project when I do try it.)

An interesting point. First time I did this my PLC had no program blocks. I think I then managed to 'restart' the PLC from a data file and later on when I did this my program got a LOT of data blocks. (The original PLC program.)

So, I can now create OB1 and put some ladder logic in it, upload it to the PLC, and make it go. I can stop and start the PLC from Step 7, and it looks like I am going on line with it.

I think my next magic trick will be swiping an un-loved and unused profibus I/O rack and interfacing it with the rest of my refugees from the scrap heap. Any suggestions for accessing the input outputs over the profibus?

Thanks,
MadPoet.

Just a small fib, you should have continued the existing thread rather than starting a new thread.

Anyway, great that you got it working that way.

The syncronisation of the names of the PC sounds correct. If you look at your project in NetPro, and see a yellow arrow over the PC Station, then that is NetPro's way of telling you that it sees the PC as "itself". Also, I am guessing the PG/PC Interface is set to "S7ONLINE=internal".

As to how to add profibus devices to the project:
In the HW Configuration in Simatc Manager, select a Profibus port and check that is set to "networked" if not add a DP network.
A line will appear representing the DP network.
Open the hardware catalog, and start by adding (drag-and-drop onto the DP line) an interface module, and subsequently i/o modules. Select such things as station numbers and I/O addresses to match.
Compile and load.
And then connect everything in real life. Be sure to set the slave station adresses - probably by DIP switches.
You should then be able to access the I/O addresses from the PLC program.

Jesper > In the HW Configuration in Simatc Manager, select a Profibus port and check that is set to "networked" if not add a DP network.
A line will appear representing the DP network.
>>>

Saw that. I think I know how to add the correct I/O box. And insert the modules.
But what would go inside the code to access the I/O points?

Right now, I know that ' I 1.1 ' would access Input 1.1 on an I/O module . . . but when the I/O module is someplace else . . .
Thanks.
MadPoet.

You typically have to specify a starting byte address for an i/o module.
For a digital 4-channel input if you specify byte 10, then bits I10.0 .. I10.3 are used for that card.
For an analog card you would typically chose a byte address outside the process image (typically, but always bytes 0..255/0..255). For example byte 256 for a 2 channel analog input card. In that case the 2 channels will be PIW256 and PIW258.

Dear Jesper,
What first seems hard, seems to become easy. Reading the help files helped.
Seems to be :
Open the Configuration. Open the hardware catalog, select and insert the module.
(In my case I believe it is going to be an ET200M.) Find and match the actual part numbers. Set the Profibus address.

Select a slot, and add an Input module. (Again, find the actual part number.)
Select another slot and add an output module. Right click the modules and set the starting address range, save, then right click again and insert symbolic names (if desired).

Then I opened the project for one of our running machines, (knowing where to look and what to look for was the key), and saw how they had done that part.

Makes good sense now. Thanks.
MadPoet.