Parker SSD 890 Drive Wierdness

rdrast

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anybody have any knowledge of oddities with the SSD 890 AC Drives? Both compact/bookshelf, and monstrous stand alone ones have the habit of losing configuration parameters through a power-down cycle.

In specific, two parameters, one every time, one most times: Seq & Ref "Aux Enable" (Every time) and "Reverse" (some times).

I've burned new firmware, in one case, even changed the entire drive, but the problem remains. And not on all drives, just a few. I've disconnected the comms modules (ControlNet), cycled power, and the parameters change. Nothing seems to make them stick (no, "Parameter Save" or "Application Save" don't do the trick either).

I'm probably going to call Parker about this today, just wondering if anyone else has the issue.

I would really look to make sure something over comms isn't changing them. Power up without ControlNet connected, set parameters, power cycle and see if things change. Had similar problem with an ABB drive on DeviceNet. Turns out the PLC was changing drive parameters.

+1 For checking if a PLC is overwriting parameters, this is a common practice at my work.

Also are you trying to change parameters through a keypad, or through the DSE software on a laptop?

#1 - the ControlNet network was disconnected for testing, so that's not it.

#2 - Changing it through the keypad, but it doesn't matter if I use DSE to download a config or not. Some drives just power up with Aux Enable off.

Of course, Parker is closed until Monday.

#2 was more about online parameter changes, but if you can edit the config you can add a persistent block to the locations giving you issues.

4fWiWiV.png

Block -> logic -> persistent, then set to true or false

Parker 890 to Controllogix Ethernet I/P

:cry: Fak :cry:

I have been at this for two days with little success. We used to use 690 drives with ethernet modules and this worked great. For years we have been doing Drive to PLC interfaces.
I now have a Compact Logix processor with Ethernet I/P and a 10 Hp Parker 890 with a 8903/IP card I did everything that the parker product manual has asked me to do and none of it works. Still have two configured pieces of hardware that refuse to talk to each other.

Processor Controllogix L36ERMS Version:28.012 and 890 with firmware 3.13 Generic Ethernet device: input instance: 100 size 10 and output instance 150 size 10 configuration 1

Also in the controllogix were seeing the following error (Code 16#0128) Connection Request Error: Invalid Input Size.

When I Look at my Module Info i see:

Generic Device, Product Code (2) unknown, Revision 2.17 Major and minor faults NONE, Internal State (16#0030) unknown Configured NO, Owned NO, Module Identity Mismatch

Anyone who has a working setup please respond as this is not fun anymore.🔨🔨

Thank you in advance

Ron

Last edited:
As i recall in DSE, there are two types of download modes.
A basic one and a full download.

Have you tried both types of downloads?

I was told that before doing a full download, one should first do a full upload of the current configuration from the drive to your computer and then make the modifications and full download.

For us, couple years later, same problem still exists, we posted instructions on how to re-enable, and set direction for the electricians.

No new Parker drives are accepted, we have switched to Powerflex drives.