No picture on Siemens S7 HW Device?

russg

Hi,

I've added a new GSD for some new Cognex Cameras on an S7 project, but the no ones do not display a picture, only some questions marks in a grey box like in the picture attached. Does anyone know if this means the setup is ok? Or how I can get the picture of the camera to display like the rest of them?

Thanks.

Hello russg;
Look at the attached screenshot.
When you downlaod a gsd (Profibus) or gsdml (Profinet) file from a manufacturer such as Cognex, you will generally find a bitmap file attached to it.
If the bitmap is not found in your prhgramming PC (in the correct directory) the icon for a generic slave will be used in the configuration; this is what you show.
When you integrate the gsd/gsdml file in Step 7, it is placed in a ...data/gsd directory in the S7 project tree (search for it on your PC); is a directory next to it in the project tree (sorry, i don't have access to my programming software right now) you will find the associated bitmaps. Put the bitmap file in this directory (it seems the Profibus configurator doesn't do it on its own) and you should see the icon for your slave in the configuration when you open it again.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Cognex GSDML file download.jpg

Last edited: