firmware updating using RSLogix's Who Active

unsaint32

In RSLogix 5000, under Who Active, I can update Firmware for the CPU card and motion card. But I cannot do that for ethernet cards and I/O cards ("Update Firmware" button is grayed out). Why is that?

If you click the Help button in the Who Active popup you can read:

This button enables you to update controller firmware and certain motion module firmware only. To update firmware for any other devices, you must run the ControlFLASH application separately.
I guess RSLogix has a limited access to the dll(s) used by ControlFLASH.

Similar Topics

Good day all! Can someone help me with the procedure to update Beijers E700 firmware? The Panel I am working on is firmware 2.04v and I would...
Replies
Views
Is there anything I Should take into account while updating the firmware on a safety processor? I have a 1756-L61S running version 17 and need...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to upgrade the firmware on some IF8I and OI8I-cards to 1756-IF8I version 2.013 and 1756-OF8I version 3.012. I am using a computer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to update EN2T firmware for systems that are in production. We are expecting to lose comms systems that have that card and also to...
Replies
Views
I was told I should upgrade the firmware on the 2 1756-ENBT modules that we have. Currently one is v6.001 and one is 3.003. The PLC racks they are...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom