Temperature and humidty sensor to PLC

stallone

Good day all,

i have a sensor, which is a dual humidity and temperature sensor.
I want to be able to connect this to a plc(probably Alen Bradley)
I also want to be able to send this data to a pc and be able to pull reports of the data.

The sensor is a Airtest EE16-F26A21. (it sends a 4-20ma)
The plc i will use is probably the smallest basic Alen bradley i can get away with, which will be able to read both values from the sensor.

Can you suggest which PLC will work for this simple application?
Also is it possible to read this 4-20ma signal for both required values?
Also any recomendations of software or program to do the reporting?

Thank you, any advice would be great:)

In answer to your question, "is it possible to read this 4-20ma signal for both required values?", the answer is no, a 4-20mA signal represents one signal only.

Your model number does not match the spec sheet I pulled up so it is not clear whether your model is one 4-20mA with an RTD (for temperature) or two 4-20mA signals.

I'd suggest that if you want to collect data and generate a report that you Google dataloggers or recorders because that's what those device are designed for.

PLCs are designed to execute control logic in real time and are not good at storing data for periods of time. HMI software is used for that.

Better ML1100 than ML1000.
For example this one: 1763-L16BBB, which has two 0-10V analogue inputs.
You would need signal conditioners to change the 4-20mA to 0-10V, or alternatively expand the ML1100 with analog input module 1762-IF4.
The good news is that it has ethernet onboard and a free programming software.
The ML1100 has some ability to log data to memory and/or flashcard. But it is not really a datalogging platform.

As danw suggest, an alternative could be to use an HMI (connected to the ML1100) for datalogging, or some entirely PC-based data logging hardware and software.

Thank you for the replies.

yes the model of sensor is as stated above, www.airtest.com/support/datasheet/EE16.pdf, it is a 3 wire sensor.

EE16 - FT - 6 - A - 2 - 1 ( humidity and temp, 4-20ma, wall mount)

I was under the impression that these sensors read both the humidity and temperature.
I thought i could read both from a plc or similar.

I might be able to link this signal to the factory's current PLC setup,
they have a compact logix L33e, maybe i can add a 4-20ma card to read these values?

I might be able to link this signal to the factory's current PLC setup,
they have a compact logix L33e, maybe i can add a 4-20ma card to read these values?
That is definitely the way to go.
Not only may it be the easiest and the cheapest way to do it, but if there is already some HMI and datalogging in your system, you can log the data in the same system, getting an integrated solution, rather than a standalone orphaned solution.

The probe does read both RH and temperature. That requires two outputs.

The FT6 model has two 4-20mA outputs.
The FP6 model has one 4-20mA output and one RTD probe/sensor.

Yes, add a 4-20mA card to your existing PLC.

cheaper is a input on voltage, and only one is needed as you can switch it with a simple relais (analog is very expensive.