1769-HSC Counts Not Working

selectionplc

I have a 1769-HSC card connected to a CompactLogix and using RSLogix 5000. I have device simulating a pulse to the card. InputStateA0 is showing up as 0 then 1, then 0. The problem is that no current counts or stored counts show up.

This is my first time configuring one of these HSC cards. I've attached screenshots of my config. I've tried changing a bunch of configuration settings, but am not getting any different results.

I appreciate any suggests. Thanks.

HSC_Config1.PNG HSC_Config2.PNG HSC_Config3.PNG

Haven't used these modules but check tag

Local:"YOUR CARD SLOT":O.Ctr0En it should be set to 1 I believe

might be bit 0 in your control word on image config3.png

seems odd that the enable is in the output array but from what I read that's how she goes

Last edited:
Local:"YOUR CARD SLOT":O.Ctr0En it should be set to 1 I believe

Exactly. The use of the output lets your program start and stop counting as needed.

Secondly - if, during runtime within the program, something in the configuration area must be changed then you must follow this order.

1. Stop counting (CtrxEn = 0)
2. Change the configuration area value
3. Issue a 'Module Reconfig' message
4. Wait for the message to complete without error
5. Resume counting (CtrxEn = 1)

Hello All, I am just trying to learn up on these modules, as I installed my first last week. The intent is to use this module for 3 pulse flow meters. Hopefully, I have selected the right card for the job and have it wired correctly.. I have a couple questions and wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or post the questions here.. Let me know before I post the questions. I was unsure as far as how to wire and setup for reading flow in GPM

Thanks in advance