HMS Anybus gateway - Modbus TCP/Profinet IO

doomsword

Client would like to buy Anybus gateway product, to connect his PLC on Modbus TCP with IO device with Profinet.

Basically, he needs gateway, which would be slave to PLC on Modbus TCP and master on Profinet to IO device. But if I've googled right there's no such HMS product???

Anybus can be slave on both networks, and master on Modbus TCP, but can't be a master on Profinet, have I come to right conclusion?

Basically, he needs another PLC on Profinet network, to work around this. Can someone confirm it?

Hi,

If the gateway needs to be a Profinet master, then the AB7650 cannot be used as it is a slave on the Profinet interface.

//Me

Similar Topics

Hello all and happy Friday, I'm curious if anyone here has experience sending data over an Anybus Bolt II (HMS AWB6001-A) using a Compact Logix...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have trouble communicating with this. Type is AB7612-B I use "Bridgeway Configuration Tool V 1.19" I have mounted 24VDC I use windows...
Replies
Views
I currently am trying to communicate to 2 drives through Profibus. The GOD file for the drive has been successfully installed in the x-gateway...
Replies
Views
Hi I have hms-en2mb-r module . When i configure and go online the module is faulted with error code 16#0009 and addition code 16#0001. Is there...
Replies
Views
I'm trying for the first time to use this HMS-EN2SE-R to communicate very tiny ASCII comms (3 characters max) From a Logix L71 to a very dumb...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom