analog inputs for RsLogiX 500

tsaronja

hi! can anyone describe how addresing analog inputs in ladder diagram for RsLogix 500 and which symbol use?? i am new in RsLogix, till now i was working only with Simatic Step 7.

for example, in simatic step 7 analog inputs are addresing with AIW0, AIW2, AIW4... etc, and use symbol "MOV_V" for moving analog input AIW to variable word(example "VW100).

Thank You very much!!

If you were using a 4 channel analog input card (1746-NI4), and it were placed in Slot 1 in your SLC rack, then the four channels would be addressed as I:1.0, I:1.1, I:1.2, and I:1.3.

Here are two examples. The first example uses the compute (CPT) instruction to read the value from the input card (I:1.0), add an integer offset, and then divides by a floating point value to result in a transformed value - position in this example.

In the second example the scale with parameters function (SCP) is used to read the value from the input card (I:1.1) and scale the value to a floating point output.

AnalogInputs.jpg

To define a symbolic name for each channel, open the input data file, highlight the address (I:1.0 for example), and then type in a name in the Symbol box.

also if you download the manual for a particular analog input card it will provide all the information you will need on programming for that card including some good examples