Rockwell License Problem...

bluenoser337

Since installing Linx Enterprise (think that's what did it) there are always several processes that keep running after I finish with RS software. These running processes prevent transferring RS licenses to the floppy "master disk" because the "license is in use". If I stop these 4 proceesses via task manager, I can move my license to the floppy. Is there a way to have these processes (RnaDiagnosticsSrv, etc) stop when not using RS software?

Bottom right hand corner. Look for RsLinx icon. Right click, Shutdown RsLinx Classic.

I would only do it when moving activations, leave it on the rest of the time

bluenoser337 said:
Since installing Linx Enterprise (think that's what did it) there are always several processes that keep running after I finish with RS software. These running processes prevent transferring RS licenses to the floppy "master disk" because the "license is in use". If I stop these 4 proceesses via task manager, I can move my license to the floppy. Is there a way to have these processes (RnaDiagnosticsSrv, etc) stop when not using RS software?

I tag all the Rockwell Services to start in Manual using,

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools-> Component Services -> Services.

Scroll down on the list of services and set all the Rockwell sevices to start up in manual mode, then reboot your PC

Ian

TW...tried that but some of that FactoryTalk stuff that loads with Enterprise (i think) won't go away. Think I'll check out the option to start the services manually. Thanks all!!

I didn't think that RsLinx Enterprise messed with the activation files but it has been a while since I used RsLinx Enterprise