RSLogix 5000 and offline program changes uploading data ?

I Think your best solution is what Ken suggested. Export your Subroutines that have changes. Then go online with the original program and import Subroutines. Choose Apply changes when importing and your done. That will maintain all your current values.

shouldn't that be

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\<filename>.DLL

?

Yes you are correct! This fixed that error and I can see the OPC server and the connection :) ... However this leads to a new error once I click "Browse Online Tags" it comes up with this...

"Error380 Invalid property value"

I Think your best solution is what Ken suggested. Export your Subroutines that have changes. Then go online with the original program and import Subroutines. Choose Apply changes when importing and your done. That will maintain all your current values.

Yes this will be plan B.

Although at this stage is more like plan A.

The import export routines looks pretty good with the option to use existing tag values or overwrite. I think I'll go with this method :)

Thanks guys.

This might be helpful;

RSLogix 5000 Data Preserve Download Tool
This Tool is used for downloading a new project to a Logix Controllers (v13 and higher) while preserving the tag values currently held within Controller memory.

regedt32 C:\Windows\System32\<filename>.DLL
Sorry, how stupid of me - that's what I get for hurrying a response ...
Yes, of course, it's "regsvr32 blah\blah"...

I have only had luck with the U/D tool a handful of times, and found it to generally be a waste of time (It has been about a year since I have last tried it).

Just do online edits (kind of what others have said), but no download needed at all.
(Two instances of the program, one online the other offline. Copy-> Paste, fix errors and finalize all edits.)

harryting said:
Which dll is it? I am getting the error429 as well...

harryting,

The offending dll file, "RsiOPCAuto.dll", was actually named and shamed in post #14.

I hadn't read this thread originally, so I'll throw in the following as a hopeful resolution for you and others in the same boat...

50842 - Getting Error 429: ActiveX component cannot create the object, when using certain RSLogix 5000 software Tools
Access Level: TechConnect

In regard to the original query, and the suggestion by vdiddlodka in post #20, to use the Data Preserve Download Tool - remember, you can only use this tool with the controller out of Run Mode. If you cannot take the controller out of Run Mode, then you'll have to use the Tag Upload/Download Tool, or an adhoc method as suggested by some of the Forum members.

I had posted similar info on this some time back. Maybe it'll be of interest to some?

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=90014

Regards,
George

Got it! I had to download the dll from rockwell and run the command window as admin to make this work.

For those who are interested on why I'm looking to use this tool. I am trying to expand a river flow lookup table from 300 records to 4000 records, which means about 8000 entries to make and I rather not do this by hand when I already have the excel table with the numbers.

Thanks George.

I was getting same error 429, but registering dll file didn't helped.

I fixed the issue by opening RSLinx Classic Launch Control Panel and stopped the RSLinx application. After that I was able to click on Connect button in TUDT without error.

Last edited: