OT: panel builders, how do you cut din rail?

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
We are checking into several options for an upgrading our method of cutting din rail while assembling control panels. We would like an efficient tool that does not make a lot of dust and dirt.

Saw some online that looked pretty decent, but looking for others input as well.

Do you use a tool like this?
https://www.dinrailwiringduct.com/din-rail-cutters/

Thank you.

Mitre saw Ā£50 comes with (think it's called) TCT blade... cuts steel, plastic, wood all on one blade. Quick de-burr with a file.

Saw some online

Pun unintended, I assume :)

Most of our panel building is outsourced. On the rare occassions where I do need to cut DIN rail I am a sinner and just pick up an angle grinder in the metal workshop. It is both quick and dirty and not how it is supposed to be done.

Cut off blade on a grinder and then change to a flap disk to clean it up.... I would love to have a Phoenix Contact one but just would not use it enough, Siemens rail is made from aluminum and I do have a couple compound miter saws that that works perfect on them