PanelView File Format (.pc0)

brain21

I'm trying to make a PanelView editor or viewer in windows, because DOS on my computer is not working well and everytime I switch bewteen Windows and a DOS box and back, the PanelMate software freezes and I have to kill the dos box and start over again.

I started to decrypt the file format, but I haven't gotten very far and I was wondering if anyone else has attempted this or know where I can get the format.

Denny

Hey, did you know know Panelbuilder32 is relatively cheap for Rockwell Software. You should be able to get for about $400 CDN.

Sorry, I meant PanelMate instead of PanelView. I checked Wotsit and theres nothing there about it.

Are there any documents on how to decompose or take-apart a file format?

Denny

I assume you need DOS for compatability w/ some other legacy piece of software? Perhaps you could buy a cheap / old laptop on ebay and dedicate it to DOS apps and dedicate the other computer for windows only.

You didn't say what version of Windows you were running, but try restarting your computer in DOS mode instead of using the DOS box.