DF1 Errors

HallerGK

I have several devices communicating via DF1. Everyone knows the protocol format, but no one seems to have a good error reference. I'm getting several different df1 status errors, and I have searched high and low for a good reference table and come up empty handed. Can anyone point me to a good reference table of df1 status error codes and their associated meanings?

I believe that the error codes are specific to the CPU or the device. I have an old reference from 1996 Publication 1770-6.5.16 and it has some listed. What PLC or device are you using?

One of my favorite topics

Chapter 8 of the DF1 Protocol Reference includes a thorough list of the various Status and Extended Status values for various interfaces and devices.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1770-rm516_-en-p.pdf

If you are getting your "error codes" from MSG instructions instead of from protocol analysis, the best references are the Instruction Set References for PLC, SLC, and Logix.

Can you post more information about the devices, the diagnostic method, and the physical interface between controllers ?

The main device is a TBox CPU32 with a 'spankin new' df1 driver add-on. The manual from that only lists 3 or 4 error codes, other than that I assume there's some standard for the df1?

Also, as Ken mentioned, I'm using df1 via message instructions. The instructions originate from a CLX, and are being sent to SLC 5/03. I have CIP datatable read/write messages to a FlexLogix.

The slc message
flags register came back HEX0210
The error register showed HEX001F
I don't know what this is but
the EXERR register showed HEX0000_0204

The Flex message
flags register showed HEX0210
error register showed HEX0004
and the EXERR showed HEX0000_0000

problem is: I don't have a table showing what these errors mean, making it difficult to troubleshoot, whats more, if I fault that SLC, I could loose my job.

for more information on the setup, please refer to
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=45068&highlight=clx
and
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=44906&highlight=clx

I would like to note that one of the slc messages worked.
The df1-message to get the data from the output files and the timer files from the SLC 5/03 worked perfectly. However these slc messages that are in error are to a different slc.

Last edited: