Paging

RDay

Has any ever used or know where to get info on an inter-plant paging system? I have an application in which I need to notify an operator when an alarm condition occurs with their machine. I would like to be able to send a brief alarm message as well.
Thanks.

All our plant critical alarms are sent to the site paging system from the SCADA runtime server.The sofware used is FRONTPAGE SERVER which is also loaded on the runtime server and is run in paralell with our Cimlicity SCADA software on the runtime server.When a 'critical' alarm is recieved by Cimplicity alarm viewer it is automatically processed by FRONTPAGE and sent to the site pager system as it appears in the alarm_descrption of alarm viewer.Alarms can be configured to be sent to individual pagers or group pagers etc.But as far as I understand most SCADA systems now have the ability to foward alarm messages to paging systems,cell phones etc.